Monday, March 14, 2011

Beautiful Galaxies on the BBC Big Screen

As part of National Science and Engineering Week, 11-20th March 2011 in the UK I was involved in the production of a series of 5 short videos called “From the Earth to the Edge of the Universe” which were made as a collaboration between Creative Technologies and the Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation at the University of Portsmouth. They are going on the BBC Big Screens, apparently right across the UK and continuing up until the 2012 Olympics.



My segment is all about galaxy morphologies. I talk (briefly) about Galaxy Zoo and show the HST image of Hanny’s Voorwerp. I also describe some of the main morphological features of galaxies, and what I like about them.

You can watch all 5 videos here

I also blogged about this for Galaxy Zoo

1 comment:

  1. The "Zooites" talk about our videos on the forum: http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=279024.0

    ReplyDelete